Friday, May 22, 2009

May 4, 2009 E-mail

It’s going good here in Villanueva. The area is huge (the second largest in the mission), and the city is lots bigger than Santa Rosa. We have a Wendy’s, and Dunkin Donuts here! haha. This area is a little rough. We have good investigators, but I think it’s just hard opening an area. The sisters that were here before didn’t work at all. One was finishing and the other didn’t care. So the area's pretty dead. The sisters only baptized little kids of 9 to 13 years old and never really focused on the family, so we're gonna do the best we can to resurrect the area and keep it alive.

This week (still no baptisms here) we did a lot of working with members, just visiting and building up confidence, and there have already been some fruits. We've found/ received a few good families and all seem fairly positive, but don’t ever come to church.

On a side note my spanish is suffering right now. I’m pretty sure it’s just the Lord humbling me, but I can’t talk as well as I could. I’m making common mistakes that I never made before, and, as such, teaching lessons is a lot harder. But this all may be due to the fact that I haven’t studied spanish more than 2 times since leaving Santa Rosa... I’d definitely say it’s time to start... haha. Other than that no big news.
Love ya!

No comments: