Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12/15 E-mail

OK. Yeah, I have lots to report. First off... the evening that you last received an email from me we got a call that Elder Flores had emergency changes... so I got a new comp. As of the 2 of December I have had a new comp. He’s from Nicaragua and speaks zero English. Well... he taught himself a lot during the course of his mission but he’s a little afraid to actually speak. So I’m on my second comp in my first change... a little strange. But it’s all good.

We worked really hard that first week and now really have the trust of the members. It was a little hard at first because Elder Mejia´s teaching style is a little different from Elder Flores, and he didn’t trust me for the first week or so, so I didn’t teach as much as I would have liked. But we’ve conquered that so it’s all good. Last p-day we went to the Copan ruins, and I have tons of pictures, but I think I’ll end up sending them another time. They were so cool though!

And after that we had an appointment where we put a baptismal date for two girls of 12 and 14 (the rest of the family isn’t so keen on the church right now...) for this Saturday, so that’s the big plan. Because we’ve been working so much with members, we’ve been receiving some serious good references of family members and friends, so this week we’ve got a lot of references to visit. Oh! Also in the emergency changes Elder Fernandez (my comp from the MTC) got moved into my district, so that’s pretty cool. Today for p-day we rented out this really sweet field to play fĂștbol, so the whole zone came to my area.

Well I was gonna ask for one thing from you guys for Christmas. Remember how I brought like 60 ties on the mish? Yeah, now I have like 20. So a great gift would be to buy a bag of ties form Tiedmann´s family thrift store and spend a family home evening sorting them! And then send them on down here!

This past week we found a family of 8 that is totally ready for the gospel (we had been praying to find a family of 8 that is ready), but they didn’t come to church this last week, so we´re gonna see what happenes...

Everythihg is going great! Hope you guys are enjoying a break (or soon anyway) love you!

No comments: