Friday, April 10, 2009

3/29/09 E-mail

Hello, Everybody!
March is finally over, and it has been a long, long month. We ended up with 11 baptized and confirmed and one that still needs to get confirmed. We’ve been working way hard. For this week I have a funny story: a few days ago we were walking through a neighborhood called el swampo. Just walking, nothing funny or bad, but this neighborhood is full of drunks, and every now and then they get to shouting at us. Well this time a short, black, drunk (very, very drunk) man with a cigarette in his hand comes up to me. He looks like he’s been living in the street for several years and hasn’t showered in about 5 years. He comes up to me walking with me and says, "Hey white boy!!" I kinda just ignore him when he stars saying things like "what you too good to talk to a black drunk?!" "Huh stuck up pretty boy!" (all in english of course) And just keeps yelling. About a block later he stops yelling and says "I’m really sorry for yelling at cha forgive me?" and offers to shake my hand. So I shake it and said, "It’s ok I forgive you." When he grabs my other arm and says "YOU WANNA FIGHT!?!?!" "I’ll kill you flippin white boy!" "let’s fight" and he still hasn’t let go of my arm so I pretty much just keep walking ignoring him while he holds onto me. And after another block he gets tired sits down and passes out. That’s about it. Good story huh? Now if he were to have hit me I probably would have acted on instincts and beaten the tar outta him and then I’d have to leave the island cause all the black people would then hunt me down. So it’s a pretty good thing he didn’t hit me.

Anyways everything is good here. The soonest I’ll get those packages will be the 22 of April so I look forward to them at that time.

All right gotta go. Talk to you in a week!

No comments: