Saturday, September 27, 2008

9/23 Letter

Everyone,
Elders Lee and Murphy are leaving for Guatamala today and that leave only 7 in our District. It's an extremely small district at best. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks in the MTC. Aaron Daybell (friend from BYU) came in last week and lives on the same floor as the rest of my zone, so I see him every day! It's pretty sweet. I'm staying healthy and everything.

President Uchtdorf came a while ago and gave us all his apostalic blessing (he also gave his blessing to all our loved ones so no worries!). I am a third of the way through my MTC time, and can't wait to bounce outta here!

Thanks for the letters and stuff. Please send articles about Y football. I hear BYU is all over the media! I so wish I could see the games, but hopefully they will be just as good in 2 years.

The weeks are flying by here (which is really good because it seems I'm working hard). Thanks for all ofyour support, everyone!

Yesterday I was talking to a Honduran and I am a little scared (tengo miedo) of the "Spanish" he spoke. They drop S's in the middle of words and vowels at the end of words. So, "Como esta?" (How are you?) turns into "Com et?" (pronounced "Com eht-eu"). Tengo Meido! but now I have a renewed desire to learn the language, so that's good!

I love this Gospel so much more, and now that I have been studying the restoration and the antonment (in "Jesus the Christ"), I have a renewed appreciation for all that I have.

Love you all!
Elder Arntsen

No comments: