Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/9/09 E-mail

Roatan is a tropical place. I almost don’t feel like a missionary... not really. We work really hard, but the ocean and the beach and the tourists... It’s just something different.

Right now I’m using email in the "BananaRama." It’s a resort owned by a member and it is where a bunch of members work. He gives us free food and jobs if we want to come back after the mission. It’s a pretty cool place, and I’ll be here for 6 months. Tomorrow we leave for La Ceiba and on Wednesday we have a Multizone. We have to leave tomorrow because we can’t arrive in La Ceiba until 9, and the meeting starts at 8. So it’s basically a second p-day. And supposedly I have 2 packages waiting for me with the zone leaders.

That’s funny that grandma already knew about this place... but it’s true it’s kinda cheap, but not when you think in Limpiras (local money). It’s just ‘cause I’m Honduran now that everything here is way, way way expensive in comparison to San Pedro Sula. But I do absolutely love my new area. That is for sure.

That’s all for now!
Love ya.

No comments: