Monday, September 7, 2009

August 31, 2009

In few words: I’m a dad (training a new missionary), I’m a district leader.

Definitely things I’ve been afraid of pretty much my whole mission. My new comp is from Nevada named Elder Sylvester and speaks very little Spanish. He’s brand new and excited to work. I’m also a district leader. I’ve already done several baptismal interviews ‘cause one area of my district baptized 7 and confirmed 7 yesterday.

It’s quite a humbling experience and a little frustrating to be training someone because, where Clinger knew what to do and how to do it, the new guy knows nothing. If I don’t tell him something to do he just stands there and waits... really awkward.
We had 13 investigators in church yesterday-- 3 people that we are getting married to be baptized and 2 others with confirmed baptismal dates. Everything’s going good there.

We just changed houses today for a really nice one. I think I may end up doing that in every area from now on. The Spirit can’t dwell in a dump...
For the year mark its tradition to burn a shirt (6 months burn tie; 18 burn pants; 24 burn everything you aren’t taking home) but I’ll probably just burn a tie again cause i already am down 2 shirts that got robbed along with my baptismal pants in Roatan so...

Elder Clinger is in my first zone right smack next to the ruins. I miss him. He’s basically my best friend.

This change is gonna be a rough one, but we'll see how it goes. I’m not sure I can handle another change in this area...

casi ya no aguanto a la victoria. ya tiempo para el cambio mio verdad? solo quiero que todo vaya bien, y bien rapido para que siga la mision en otro lado. no creo que me entiendan pero a mi no me importa jajaja.
nos vemos

No comments: