Tuesday, July 7, 2009

June 8, 2009 E-mail

So this week there were changes. Wednesday we went to the changes meeting and I was the last person to receive their new comp. His name is Elder Clinger. A gringo. He’s about 6'5" and a redhead who played lacrosse at Ohio State (D1) and had to turn down a scholarship to go on his mission. He’s quiet, but ridiculously funny. And he’s an incredible example for me.

So I don’t know if you guys new, but Honduras played USA in Chicago on Saturday (soccer), and so the entire country was in an uproar. We had to be in the house an hour before the game started, and the USA won 2-1. We have been getting some dirty looks being two huge gringos walking around a little Honduran city.
That’s about it for now. Oh! The Maxwell family says hi to you guys. It’s a family we're teaching. He lived in the states 15 years and after 9/11 got deported and lives here in our area. They are incredible. And they are the reason I’ve been sent to this area. The only problem is that the wife needs to get divorced and then baptized, so they’re in the process (supposedly 2 month minimum process), so I’m going to ask President to leave me here an extra change so I can baptize them (‘cause Pres. usually takes me out after 2 changes and they most likely won’t be able to get baptized this change). They want your recipe for lasagna so we can make it for ‘em. So please send it to me!

This is your mission, should you choose to accept it...

No comments: