Monday, October 12, 2009

October 12, 2009 E-mail

I’m in my new area. Basically it’s everything you could imagine of Honduras. Green, shacks, poor. And the District Leader that left didn’t work even though he was training. So the area’s is dead- no investigators, disgusting house and pretty much everything that could be bad is. So, there’s lots of work to be done.

I’m a stepdad (but everyone tells me he’s basically my second son because he wasn’t really trained at all). He is from Awatukee AZ!!! He went to Mountain Point HS. He’s a body builder and is enormous.... my area is called Campana. It’s a community that is a part of Puerto Cortes. Nothing big to report, but one story.

Yesterday while contacting we found a nice lady and her dog came out. I asked if the dog would bite and after getting a clear, ¨no¨ I proceeded to pet the dog. No sooner had I touched it when it almost bit my hand off. Luckily I have incredible reflexes and was able to avoid losing my pinky finger. No harm was done. Then at a member’s house (very, very poor members house) ,we were sitting down chatting and a pig came up an sat down beneath my chair. I thought to adjust my chair a few moments later and accidentally bumped the pig in the head. So it tried to bite me. In 4 hours 2 animals attempted to bite me. The dog is understandable, but the pig... I hadn’t ever heard of biting pigs, but sometimes they get upset too. That is all.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Dave Boizelle said...

Thanks for the update. Hard to imagine sitting in a member home along side a pig let alone being nearly bitten!