Monday, October 12, 2009

October 5, 2009 E-mail

Well , to start off I have a change... I’ve been here for 6 months and I’m out now. I don’t want to leave, but it’s the will of the Lord.

To start us off I have a few spiritual experiences from yesterday. First, the mother of the family of 3 got baptized yesterday after conference and afterwards shared her testimony with us. She told me that when I had taught her about the meaning of faith she started applying it to her life, and that since the time we had been going to her house she had seen changes in her and her family’s life. She was baptized all alone--2 missionaries, the bishop and the 1 councilor came—(not the family), and she didn’t care. I was very touched and almost cried.

Afterwards we were going to go to an appointment without dropping the wet clothes off at the house when I had a distinct impression to go to the house first. I stopped, prayed, and asked if we really needed to go to the house. And we went. No sooner had we crossed the street and a man was at our side. I began to talk to him and as it turns out he had gone to church when he was a child, but hasn’t gone for years now. His wife died 2 year ago of breast cancer and left him the widower of 3 children and a grandchild. But it’s a family that really wants to hear the gospel.

One more: I finished the Book of Mormon this week in Spanish. I read a give-away copy to put my testimony that I had read the entire book. I prayed again and asked it the book was true. As I prayed I received a spiritual confirmation in the form of words, saying, "Si, hijo Mio." (Yes, my son.) I then gave the book to an investigator that will be baptized on the 17th who still hasn’t received an answer to her prayer, (but she was in the afternoon session yesterday and I guarantee she felt something listening to Elder Holland,) and she is committed to read the whole thing.
Conference was good, but the baptism was better.

Love you guys!
I’ll tell you where I’m at next week!

No comments: