Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 11, 2010

Hello all! I’m writing from my usual computer in a blistering hot Honduras. It’s been fairly cool this week for here, but today we are back to the normal humidity and heat.

Congrats to Caitlin. I didn’t study all that hard for my AP tests and got 3's on both, but it’s much better to get a 5 because the college credit is for a higher class. The general populace here wanted Holland to win as did I. It’s only because Holland had gone twice already and lost both times, whereas Spain hadn’t ever gone, and I didn’t want them to win on their first try. But no biggie.

Dad tells me that the girls have a super girly car. The ford focus... not my style, but the informer explained that it was a steal. I suppose it’s appropriate; girly car for girls. Makes sense when you really think about it.

We had a long week of hard work and it paid off, we had 9 investigators in church and we hope to baptize several before I leave the area at the end of the month. Last week I bought you all jerseys, but I’m afraid that they may be a tad big on most of you (with the exception of dad... I’ll bet it fits perfect), but they are way cool. I still want to get some other cool Honduran things for you guys. I was thinking bags for the girls, but I don’t know what for dad (mom being included in girls') I’ll probably get three different style bags and you will all have to fight over them, and for dad...? A sweet chumpa? I’ll send a picture of one so you can see. Just let me know!

We continue to work, and I’m doing my best to work even harder as the time comes to an end because I know that the last few moments of the game are what are most remembered. No regrets. Leave it all on the field. Any other sports phrase applicable. One of our progressing investigators lives on the streets and sells little cards that have psalms on them and things of that nature. He’s been on the streets for seven years; ever since he got deported from the states for murder (he is innocent he assures us); he was a drug dealer. But he is so humble now and loves the Book of Mormon. We hope for the best!

Hope all is well in the hot, hot, heat just as it is down here. Tell the girls to write me for once.

Love you all!

No comments: