Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 8, 2010 E-mail

Speaking of missionary experiences; did you know that I am a missionary! What chance! haha I wish I had read/ studied/ opened the scriptures before having come on a mission a tad more often, so I think that’s great.

About the dorm—I will have my own room, and only with 3 other people so that’s a really nifty feature... plus one of those three will be my mission buddy/ what we thought was my cousin elder Mortensen. That’ll be bomb, then in winter semester another buddy from the mission may move in, and with hope, fasting and prayer clinger will be able to transfer to the Y and move in with us too! That will be downright dope.

In the family of 7; five have come to church and have received answers to their prayers, but the father and oldest son work on Sundays, but the oldest son also knows that the church is true, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet, so we just gotta help him find another job. The family really is incredible and really understands. It’s way awesome to teach a family so big that is already married and willing to keep all of their commitments. They dropped coffee cold turkey; they were making 5 pots a day... it’s incredible.

Just warn the girls: don’t mess up the cars that I’m gonna be driving... and warn their dates that I will hurt them when I get home. I just want to be there one time when a guy comes over to pick one of them up. I plan to be polishing one of the shotguns and waiting with a sharpie to write the kids name on a shell... just so he knows what’s up.

Now that I’m down to 6 months you guys have to decide if you want scripture cases or not, cause it takes a few months some times. I need decisions s.t.a.t.

Have fun with the YCL's!

Love you!

No comments: